Futurescape is company responding to meet the needs of young people through community outreach, registered residential and aftercare supports and services.
We are currently seeking to recruit people for social care worker positions within our services who are highly motivated and have an interest in playing an active role in service development, while working within a structured and supportive team.
These positions will initially be located in:
Carlow, Cork, Kildare, Kerry and Dublin however as it is a national service a panel will be formed for future opportunities nationwide.
Futurescape recognises the inherent individuality of each young person with its primary focus being on meeting them ‘where they are at’ in a non-judgmental, non-confrontational manner that supports their developing independence through healthy social relationships.
The successful applicant(s) will be supported through induction, supervision and in house training to engage and successfully support the young person both restoratively and developmentally. The role is to support young people in developing self-care and independent living skills while helping them to develop the capacity and opportunity to eventually live a successful independent life in the community.
General Job Description:
The successful candidate will be dedicated and highly motivated; they will already possess high levels of competence and will be able to demonstrate this through their qualification and some experience in meeting regulatory requirements, best practice standards and ultimately an understanding of the varied needs of vulnerable young people.
Futurescape will provide you with in-depth induction, training and a developmental style of professional supervision that is in keeping with the ideology of the service while embracing the individuality of the staff member.
- Candidates must have a relevant qualification, at a minimum a level 7 degree in Social Studies, in Applied Social Studies and Professional Social Care, Social Work, Youth and Community, Clinical Psychology or Developmental Psychology or equivalent.
- Proficient communication skills, IT skills, report writing and planning skills.
- This post is subject to Garda vetting.
- A full clean driving licence is desirable but not essential.
- Candidates must also have a deep commitment to children’s and young peoples rights also child protection and enjoy working in a dynamic and at times challenging environment.
Please forward by email/or post your C.V. and cover letter with reference number to:
Attuned Programmes Ireland T/A Futurescape
4 Rogan’s Court